Opportunity to express interest in the …
Regional Arts Services Network Officer – Far North Queensland
Please note that this is a First Nations Identified Role
To request a full POSITION DESCRIPTION and general enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
THE POSITION requires experience in the successful provision of stakeholder and relationship management in a high profile, cross sector environment, engaging multiple stakeholders, industry and community to establish and grow a strong Arts network that connects opportunities to build regional development, cultural tourism and employment outcomes for Artists and Artworkers in the region (FNQ).
This role will identify and facilitate partnership opportunities, strengthening existing relationships across government, arts and non-arts sectors. The role requires you to have an understanding and clear articulation of the value of arts and culture in delivering social, economic and cultural benefits to Queensland communities.
- This is a fixed term Agreement that must be completed by August 2021. Your availability for immediate commencement is highly desirable.
- This full time position is located in Far North Queensland. No relocation costs are available.
- Under the limited scope of services outlined in the Agreement with government to provide these services, the position of Regional Arts Services Network Officer is identified as a First Nations position.
- The Far North Queensland Regional Arts Service Network Officer will work collaboratively with the Cape York / Torres Strait Islands Regional Arts Service Network Officer hosted in partnership with Cook Shire Council, based in Cooktown.
PROCESS: to request a full position description and any general enquiries, please email the Recruitment Sub Committee Chair at email@example.com
If you are interested in the position of RASN Officer – FNQ:
- Send a two page cover letter, outlining your suitability for the position
- Attach your Curriculum Vitae including two professional Referee contacts
- EOI’s due via email by 5pm 29 September 2020
All offers will be screened initially by the Chair to ensure compliance with all submission conditions and any essential and other mandatory requirements of the application process, to produce a short list of eligible candidates, that will then be invited to submit an Application for consideration against approved Selection Criteria.
In your Expression of Interest, address your suitability under the headings:
1. Network Capability, namely demonstrated ability to foster local cultural and community networks and deliver benefits and bring value to the Queensland arts industry, and/or evidence of the capacity to rapidly build relationships and networks
2. Service Delivery Ability, namely the understanding you have of importance of governance, stakeholder relationship management, and business development strategy as integral to this network
3. Arts and Cultural Immersion, namely demonstrated experience of and immersion in Far North Queensland’s arts and cultural environment and the development of networks and partnerships that have delivered results
4. Regional Experience, namely demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement innovative practices that enhance service delivery across the Region and drive sustainable outcomes
This position has been identified as a First Nation position. This criteria is mandatory to the position. To ensure that each applicant is eligible to apply under these conditions, you may be asked to verify that you are either:
- of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; and
- are accepted by their community as being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
The Regional Arts Services Network is an initiative of the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and coordinated by the State Coordination Office. It is a new approach to the delivery of state-wide arts services. Arts Nexus has been contracted as the Far North Queensland provider.